PhD, Msc, Bsc, DipN, RN
CURRENT JOB TITLE, NAME OF INSTITUTION AND COUNTRY:
Department of Nursing, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus.
RESEARCH/ TEACHING EXPERIENCE RELATED TO CULTURALLY COMPETENT COMPASSION:
Have no experience regarding Culturally Competent Compassion
Have experience related to Cultural Competence
Transcultural Nursing and health
Some projects related to culture and migrants:
- Increasing the capacity of domestic workers of different origins to respond to sexual violence through community-based interventions, COMMUNAID, 2012-14 https://www.teicrete.gr/communaid/?q=content/home
- Member of the COST Action Femicide Across Europe IS1206, 2013-17 www.femicide.net
- Knowledge, attitudes and perceptions of immigrants from third countries, in Cyprus on HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health, Granted by the Ministry of Health, (partner with the Cyprus Family Planning Association and RUBSI), 2010-2011
- Identifying and evaluating sexual and reproductive health needs of the female migrant domestic workers. Granted by Cyprus University of Technology 2007-2008
- Member of the Management Committee of COST Action ISO603: Health and Social Care for Migrants and Ethnic Minorities in Europe (HOME), 2007-2011
- Kouta C., Phellas C., Kaite C. (2013). Knowledge, attitudes and perceptions of immigrants from third countries in Cyprus, on HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health. An Implication of nursing ethics to healthcare. Health Science Journal. 7 (3): 258-268
- Vasiliou M., Kouta C. and Raftopoulos V. (2013). The use of the cultural competence assessment tool (CCATool) in community nurses: The pilot study and test-retest reliability. International Journal of Caring Sciences. 6 (1): 44-52
- Kouta C., Kaite C., Kalavana Th. (2011). Migrant domestic workers in Cyprus: An evevaluation of their sexual and reproductive health. A pilot study. Hellenic Journal of Nursing Science. 4 (2): 19-31
- Kouta C. and Kaite C., (2012). Health issues among female migrant domestic workers. In Ingleby D, Krasnik A., Lorant V. and Razum O. (eds). Health inequalities and risk factors among migrants and ethnic minorities. COST series on health diversity. Antwerp/Apeldoorn: Garant. Vol I, pp 135-149. ISBN 978-90-441-2928-1
- Papadopoulos I., Kalokairinou A. and Kouta C., (eds) (2011). Transcultural Nursing and cultural competence for health professionals. Athens: Paschalides, ISBN: 978-960-489-136-8
CURRENT AND FUTURE CONTRIBUTION TO VICTcORY:
Sharing experiences and information
Training on culture, cultural competence
OTHER SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENTS:
- President of the Community nursing division of the Cyprus Nurses Association.
- Secretary of the European Transcultural Nurses Association (ETNA).